Rock/Soul/Prog, Spring 2008

Last Class

April 28th, 2008 by · No Comments

So, I feel like tonight we witnessed full-scale how working as a team can  turn out for the best. Our sing-along, though a tad pitiful and basically carried by Gardner (You’ve graduated to Gardner now, Dr. Campbell.)  (I just got to the part where someone (I bet it’s Ringo) is playing a kazoo…haha…in the Christmas Records CD.)  Anyway, I just wanted to say that, through all the struggles and complaints and whining, this class really did impact me. I feel like I’m a lot more open-minded and curious as well as conscious not only when I’m listening to music, but just in general. I also know I’m going to be listening to a lot more Beach Boys, Robert Johnson, etc. And I fully plan on spending some of my reading time this summer reading about Andy  Warhol and his Factory as well as many of the other things we’ve read about in this class. I’m really sad to hear that Gardner won’t be returning next year. I was hoping to take a class with him, in fact, I was telling my mom a few weeks ago about how I really wanted to take more classes with Gardner. So I guess I won’t have that opportunity, but I’m really glad I had the chance and the pleasure to experience your teaching. I don’t know if it’s ever really mentioned, but there was definitely some sort of impact. Maybe I’ll be able to put my finger on it in the future, when I’m not as close to it.

Original post by savoytruffle

Tags: Uncategorized