Rock/Soul/Prog, Spring 2008

Hall and Oates

April 2nd, 2008 by · No Comments

I would just like to say that, without a shadow of a doubt, Hall and Oates are the creepiest two people I’ve ever had the displeasure of researching. They’re not interesting creepy like Caligula or kind of funny creepy like Dexter. They’re just straight up creepy. To me, Hall and Oates always just seemed to be kind of vanilla guys who liked to do the type of songs my grandma listens to, but after reading a few articles from magazines for my project, I’ve come to the conclusion that they are completely sketch.  Maybe I’m just having an adverse reaction to how candid they are in interviews but, honestly, I don’t want to picture Hall “heavy into the middle of something deep” with his girlfriend when he first heard his song on the radio. I’m sure the female populace of 1985 swooned when they read that, but honestly, I just think it’s a lot of information I don’t want to deal with. Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, all of the quotations that sketched me out came from Hall. Oates just said stuff about the record label or otherwise remained quiet.

Poor Oates. He never got to talk about doing heavy things with deep women.

::cringe::

Original post by maganc

Tags: Uncategorized