Rock/Soul/Prog, Spring 2008

On A Diminishing Spirit

March 27th, 2008 by · No Comments

What was once one of my favorite classes has now become the class I dread the most. I found myself saying this morning, “I hate tuesdays and thursdays.” And I know it isn’t because of linear algebra, I still find myself grinning like a fool while in class and taking notes and participating, oddly, more than others in the class. It isn’t because the day is horribly long–my Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays last until four. It is because Rock/Soul/Progressive has somehow broken some sort of spirit inside of me. No offense, Dr. Campbell, but I feel as though everything I’ve done since birth has been wrong in your eyes. I realize this might seem as though I’m just complaining or making excuses, but, honestly, a compliment now and then wouldn’t cause any wounds to open. So the class which I was pretty excited about has somehow become exactly what it was never designed to be-the bane of my existence. I feel like something about the atmosphere of the class needs to be changed to remedy this and renew my spirit.

Original post by savoytruffle

Tags: Uncategorized