Rock/Soul/Prog, Spring 2008

Rock=nerd love

March 19th, 2008 by savoytruffle · 1 Comment

Rock music is a way for nerds to get chicks.  Oh, and make good music.  But mostly to make good music about nerdy things and make nerdy things way cool so that no matter how homely you are, you’ll get tons of chicks.  The best EVER example of this is the Cars front man Rik Ocasek and his marriage to supermodel Paulina Porizkova…just google the Cars or Rik Ocasek and you’ll see what I mean.

A few other nerdy Gods include Led Zeppelin: complete Tolkien nerds.  Evidence in ‘Ramble On’,  ‘the Battle of Evermore,’ ‘Immigrant Song’ etc.  T. Rex/ Marc Bolan is another Tolkien fan.  Rush is a super nerd group that also has the homely prize.  The Ramones, wow, very awesome but very very homely.   Then again who made glasses cool?  That’s right Buddy Holly, the original nerd rocker.  We have that great example of Pete Townshend of the Who creating a rock group so that his trowel-like nose would be plastered everywhere in retaliation to the childhood teasing he had received.

I’ve probably skipped a ton of nerdy rockers, but these are the best examples I can come up with off the top of my head.  I just love nerdy rock and nerdy rockers!

Original post by rachellh7

Tags: Uncategorized

1 response so far ↓